Friday, March 10, 2006

What the...???

Hey Kids! I really couldn't tell you why, but I have been waking up for the last couple of days at around 5am; 2 hours before my alarm is scheduled to beep. Well, this morning tops them all. I went to bed last night at around 10:30pm and now it is only just coming up on 3am and I'm wide awake. This hasn't happened in quite a while; but I must say that I do feel like I am fairly rested. I think that if I stay this awake, I might just watch a movie and then go into work early so I can come home early.

So what's new in movies? I was reading on the Internet Movie Database website about some new flicks coming out soon. I am pretty excited about some of the up and comers. Next week V for Vendetta comes out. And then in the near future another movie that is based on a book that I read called Thank You For Smoking comes out. Later on this year we will see The Brazilian Job. [No, that one doesn't have anything to do with waxing any certain areas on one's body]

Speaking of movies, I have two fresh ones that I am just waiting to watch. The first one is Ice Harvest with Billy Bob Thornton and John Cusak. They are hitmen, but I just love anything with John Cusak...especially see High Fidelity and Gross Pointe Blank. And the other movie on the queue is Transamerica with Felicity Huffman concerning issues pertaining to transgender/gender reassignment issues.

Why do I watch so many movies? I don't know, I just do.

Now, if you'll excuse me I think I'll go watch one of my current favourites- Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cooper said...

lock stock is one of my favs too. And a sequel to The Italian Job? I thought the remake was decent but disappointed in the flash cut editing in the car chase sequence--a tool to make something look fast-paced and exciting but you can't really tell what's going on. This is a dillema in action movies of Wesley Snipes and Steven Segal, check out "Ong Bak: The Thai Warrior", this guy does everything with no 'wires' and it's all shot with little cutting; you can actually see how well the stunts are. theres also this movie about this guy and girl, man it was awesome!

Friday, March 10, 2006 5:09:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Twelve angry men
(a classic study in body language.. still used in collage today.. good movie to boot)

The Maltese Falcon


Lord of the Rings
(I am on my… well, at least fifth time)

Matrix

Twelve o’clock high
(How many personalities do you find in G. Peck as he commands?)

Citizen Kane
(rosebud….. means what?)

For pure camp…

Jekyll and Hyde… Together again

Saturday, March 11, 2006 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

Gross Pointe Blank...love that flick! You're right though...Cusak is one of the most underrated actors out there. They should make "The Cusak Award" at the AMPAS so Cusak can get his Oscar.

Thank god for Netflix...I'm back watching movies again!

Eric

Saturday, March 11, 2006 4:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home