Sunday, March 05, 2006

A Gray Sunday In The Heartland

It has been one of those Sundays. The sky was gray and cloudy all day. I think that the temp only got up to about 40 today. It was also damp from a little rain that we got last night. I noticed out on the front porch that our dog also decided to drag a dead bird up for us to "enjoy."

I didn't really feel like doing anything today, but I played with the kids. We skipped church and the neighbor came over and we watched Cannonball Run. I guess it wasn't as great of a movie as I remembered, but it still had its funny points. Then after the kids were in bed for their naps I finally watched the old Kevin Smith film Clerks. Yeah, I know that it is an older movie so you'll ask "where have you been?" I don't know. I can't really say that it was the greatest movie that I have ever seen but I did like some of the final statements of the film. These two fools were talking about life and one of them said that it just seemed like the biggest problem that other one was having in his life was just that he was trying to make his life out to be more than it was.

He essentially told him that in reality that he really wasn't much. He worked at a gas station attendant. It wasn't a glamourous job and he wasn't going anywhere...so stop pretending that everything is everyone else's fault.

I guess that's probably what each of us longs for; the desire to feel like what we do is really more than it is.

What do I do? Well, it seems like latley most of my spare time is spent wishing that I was asleep, but then I realize how much of a waste of time that would be. I just can't help it though.

I really wanted to sleep yesterday but we were going to have company last night and I figured it would be easier to clean if I were awake so I opted only to "rest my eyes" for about 10 minutes; just long enough to try and get my bearings again.

I go back to work tomorrow to see what happens. Each day is in its own way launching out into the unknown. I think that I am going to start looking for a new job more intensely.

Well, I gotta run. My daughter is jumping on the couch and my son is screaming on the floor wanting someone to hold him.

It's supposed to be kind of cold tomorrow too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home