Sunday, March 12, 2006

Rainy Days and Sundays

It is Sunday and once again we are not to be found in church. My wife isn't feeling very well and my daughter has a headache. I got dad duties while the Mrs. took a nap and changing my son's diaper is like trying to wrestle an aligator. He flops around and tries to get out of it any way he can. Well I don't really think that he's trying to get out of getting his pants changed but rather just wanting to roll around.

I woke up this morning at about 6:30 from a very bizarre dream. It was one of those naked dreams; you know where you're the only one who's naked. I was back in school for some reason [high school] and I was married, but then suddenly I remembered that I had been married before only it was a very short marriage. I think that it only lasted about 5 days. I don't know why it didn't last. My only guess is that we realized that it was a mistake. The problem was that I couldn't remember if we had just split up or if we actually finalized the divorce. Since I was remarried I really wanted to make sure that things had been finalized with the previous divorce because I didn't want to get in trouble for bigamy. The long and the short of it is that it was a very bizarre dream and I didn't want to have it again. One of those that you just wake up exhausted from.

So I tried to do some shopping with my daughter yesterday. Things started out OK, but then she reached a point where she decided that she didn't really want to listen to me any longer. She just wanted to do things her way instead of mine. That can cause a lot of problems that you just don't normally think about. It is a good parable about God though.

We keep trying to teach our daughter that it is important to listen and obey us the first time we command her...especially in the small things. If she can be obedient in the small things then we know that she can be trusted with big things. Yes, sometimes it does seem crass to discipline her for not bringing us a Kleenex, but if she doesn't know how to obey right away in something like that, the chances of her getting hurt later on because of not obeying are higher.

We survived shopping and had to administer some discipline when we got home but overall she is a pretty good kid.

Obedience to God is important. It isn't really complicated. Thank God he is more patient than we are. He sees the end before he plans the means.

So even though we aren't in the physical building this morning, we are still having "church." Life- welcome to the sanctuary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home