Thursday, February 23, 2006

Hmmmm

I have some downtime right now because my weekly virus scan is running on my Windows machine. I know that it will now be pretty much "unavailable" now for then next hour or so. At work we use Symantec AntiVirus, but at home I far prefer to use AVG. It just runs faster and better.

So, I was thinking earlier about writing something short. Writing a fight scene for a book. Let's give it a little try.

They had been staring each other down for a good ten minutes. They both had their eyes on the same chick who was dancing with her friends over on the other side of the bar. They both had that look in their eyes; the look that said that if the other guy didn't move soon then it would be their shot.

Dale stood up first and made his way over to the cluster of ladies. Hector reacted by making his way over there too. They knew what was going on. They knew that this was probably going to be a fight to the death. Everyone who saw what was going on quickly got out of their way. People stopped talking and the music stopped.

"Who the hell do you think you are coming into my place like this?" Dale snapped at Hector. Hector stopped, quickly reached into his inner suit jacket pocket and pulled out three recently sharpened chineese throwing stars. He whipped them at his opponent sinking all three of them into his chest. Dale dropped like a rock. As he lay bleeding on the floor the crowd gasped and started screaming.

Hector then stepped up to the female objective and said, "The police will be here soon, what do you say we get out of here before it's too late?" In a deep scratchy voice she replied "Sure thing baby, just let me hit the little boy's room first."

OK, so I admit that it really wasn't all that great...but I'm sure something like that could have happened at some point somewhere.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

"just let me hit the little boys room"

Excellent!!

Eric

Friday, February 24, 2006 4:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home