Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Today's Progress

This morning after I finished by previous entry I actually was able to sit down and watch Amelie. I was wrong on the origin of the film though; it is French and not German. I thought it was pretty good. I guess the moral of the story is that no matter where you've come from, you should stop making excuses and just go after your heart. Could be some good advice sometimes.

I have been able to keep food down most of the day, but I also haven't eaten a whole lot either. I know that taking this medecine is supposed to help me get better in the long run, but I just have to say that I'm not looking forward to taking it tonight. I have still felt a bit nauseaous. Right now I don't know whether to look forward to supper or not.

My wife went to the store today though. She said that for desert tonight we could either have these double-chocolate brownies, or some kind of cookies n' cream pudding. I opted for the pudding. I do like brownies, but over the weekend I made these chocolate brownies that had choclate/caramel and butterscotch chips in them...mmmmmmm.....very yummy. But I figured I had already had brownies this week so I'd go with the pudding. I am a cookies n' cream fan.

If I have another sleepless night tonight, I'll be spending some time watching The Matador.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jean-Pierre Jeunet is a sweet director, though I haven't seen Amelie yet. He did Alien Resurrection, City of Lost Children, and Delicatessen (which is absolutely great).

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 11:55:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Chris,

Hang in there with the meds…. You may remember that my wife has been diagnosed with terminal melanoma. Right now, we are in remission but each day is treated special, as we do not know what tomorrow will bring. She is under a triple wammie… cancer, depression and menopause. She takes lexpro, among other meds. She has taken it for about a year and a half.

Depression should not be looked at, without serious intent. Just as the Alcoholic was once thought of as a “weak willed person” (they are not), the person suffering from depression was once thought of as “just a complainer” (they definitely, are not that!). Finding the right Doctor is just important as taking the correct meds.

I would recommend that you be as honest as possible with your Doctor. Bring everything to his/her diagnostic table; do not hold back. If your Doctor can not handle all of your systematic complainants, find one that understands what you are speaking of.

For example, my wife’s depression also magnifies her apprehensive feelings. Worry over small items can become a large part of her life… The thought of losing the cell phone or car keys can be a major set back in the day! Every minor aliment seems to be enlarged by her depression. The right meds slow this down to a live able situation. The right Doctor made the assessment that OCD was not her problem but depression was… bring the correct meds into play… bingo!....a livable cure.

Depression was part of my life because of my alcoholic nature. Part of my “cure” was completely abstaining from all drugs. The reason I say this… the “cure” must be tailored to the person….each and every case must be looked at in their own right.. generally, speaking in generalities will not help the depressed person. This is why I say bring as much as you honestly can to the Doctors diagnostic table. As you feel comfort, more will be revealed in your honesty.

Your brother in Christ,
steve

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 12:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home