Saturday, December 17, 2005

The 5th Anniversary

Today was my fifth wedding anniversary to my wife. This has been a very interesting and amazing 5 years. When we first got married I don't know if we really knew what we were doing, but it was the start to a very wonderful journey.

For various reasons, we had been very close to separation in the past. Even though we didn't really want that to happen for several reasons, we just didn't know what to do. But then thankfully through the work of the grace of God, we have managed to be able to manage ourselves in such a way that we can finally create some kind of compatibility for the two of us who are at the complete opposite sides of the personality spectrums.

I am glad that things have pulled together. I am glad for us. I am glad for our kids. I am glad for our friends. I am glad for everyone who our lives will touch. I am glad that even though we had our times of hell, that we can show the rest of the world the faithfulness of God by our faithfulness to each other.

For quite some time I did feel as though I truly did love my wife, but I just didn't like her. Now I love her and she is my best friend. We can finally understand together what it means to find strength in our shared weakness.

So here I am; a husband of 5 years. How many more anniversaries will there be- 5, 10, 60? I don't know. All I know is that I can't wait to see the numbers grow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jadon said...

Congrats, Chris! I remember those times. I'm very glad things are working out. Even I wasn't sure for a while...

Sunday, December 18, 2005 3:40:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The knowing, not knowing, in marriage, seems to run in cycles. I would like to say that they get better, but after 36 years of marriage all I can say is, I have a better understanding of cycles…

Steve

Sunday, December 18, 2005 10:24:00 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

Congradulations Chris. I can't believe it has already been 5 years. You have a beautiful family.

love always.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 3:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home