Monday, January 16, 2006

Pat Robertson's Financial Repentance

If anyone has been watching the religious news lately then you know that Arial Sharon suffered a stroke. Well, Pat Robertson opened his mouth once again and leveled the charge that Sharon suffered this stroke as punishment from God for giving the Gaza Strip back to the Palestinians.

Now, I won't get into all of the many reasons why I greatly disagree with the theology behind what Robertson believes concering Israel, but what I will say is that he has made a complete ass of himself once again by invoking this supposed special revelation from God as to why these events happened.

Let's just look back at what happened over the last year or so of Pat's claims- He told the residents of Pennsylvania that since they voted out Intelligent Design from the public schools that God has left their presence. [Hmmmm....interesting] Then he went on to say that Hurricane Katrina was the punnishment from God on the people who lived in that area as a result of their local corruption through gambling and immorality and voodoo worship and such. [Hmmmm...Again, interesting]

Well, his latest faux pax comes with blaming the Prime Minister's stroke on God. My first problem with this is just the argument from biology. Sharon is a 5'7" man who weighs 350 lbs. In the words of Michael Savage "It's a miracle that he didn't have a heart attack or stroke before now."

Anyways, here's what's happened. Pat screwed the pooch by making this claim, and then what happened? [Well, let's set some background first- Pat Robertson and his crew were trying to get some land secured over in the "Holy Land" that would serve as a Christian Amusement Park of some kind. Israel was going to lease the land to him for free because it was going to generate some odd billions of dollars in income for the Israelis who would work there.] Well, when the Israelis get wind of his statements about Sharon, they decided that they would re-think whether they would give him the land. They said that they could not do business with someone who would believe such a thing. So what does Pat do? He offers an apology for his statements as being insensitive. Then when the Israelis received this written apology they said that since he did apologize that they can probably still go through with the transaction.

What we have here is not a sincere and apologetic Pat Robertson, we have a marketing driven man who makes retractions to his statements; not because he is truly sorry but because he is a money hungry spiritual prostitute. And then on the other side of the fence we have Israelis who know what kind of man that Robertson is, and they are still willing to do business with him because it is going to make them money as well.

I could get into the whole financial aspects of this ridiculous issue but I want to focus on the issue that is closer to home- How can Pat Robertson's supporters continue to follow him? Have they become so blinded by their own ignorance that they can't see both of this man's faces? When are they finally going to kick this guy to the gutter and tell him to stop giving Christians a bad name? The guy is a moron, a hypocrite, and a thief. I would at least have some respect for him if he would at least admit to having these problems, but instead he covers them up or just "apologizes" for them.

Pat, you're a loser. You are an emperor with no clothes. Everyone can see that you're naked, so why don't you just go back inside?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I believe that Pat, like many humans, started out on one path, however, has been lead away by a force of flesh that speaks to us all. As is shown by Lord Acton’s famous words of wisdom that “power corrupts,” Pat has been led down the road of believing his own words.

We should, by every means at our disposal, point out such errors of flesh and cry out to the land… “Pat, get a grip!” However, I do believe that God can and does pull the wind from the sails of these people.

I love the fact that Christ is becoming “Vogue” again. It is a pity that people like Pat are standing in front of so many, giving the impression that he really stands and speaks for people like me…

I dislike arrogant ego that I find lurking inside my flesh. Yet, there are times I am unable to locate the insidious little fellow (arrogant ego) unless I listen to people like Pat. Pat serves a purpose for me. He shows many of the human qualities that I desire to rid myself of. A reverse role model, if you will. I just do not know if I want him on a national platform speaking… I find his counterpart, so many times, sitting next to me in church.

If you, as “John Q Public”, wish to listen to a “Pat”… listen to Pat Paulson.. An infinitely better source.
Steve

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 11:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you listen to Savage? After losing my 'net connection this fall I've been raised to love talk radio and being in red-state country all there is is the conservative/republican talk radio shows. But I've grown to love Doctor Savage, even though I disagree with some of his more extreme controversial statements, but he makes a point. I just picked up his book, the savage nation

Monday, January 30, 2006 4:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home