Thursday, March 30, 2006

Where Am I?


OK, this is day 2 of cutting back my Lexapro and taking St. John's Wort and Valerian Root. I will have to say that I actually feel more "up" than I have felt in quite a while. I don't feel as tired and I actually have a fairly positive mood.

I have been reading online today also about the effects of Valerian Root and HOLY COW, I didn't know that it was so versitile and inclusive in what it treats.

I have also been reading a lot of message boards where people with mild to moderate depression decided to go off of their prescriptions and switch over to this herbal alternative and feel so much better in their moods/attitudes and without the side effects of the SSRI's that their doctors gave them.

I don't know that I'm quite as happy as this monkey seems to be, but I sure do feel better. Not to mention that the herbal route seems to be a helluva lot cheaper.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cooper said...

how are the herbs treating you today?

Friday, March 31, 2006 1:45:00 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Hmmm....herbs....

St. John's Wort and Valeria root are two things in my diet.

St. John's for the ADD and Valeria extract as a muscle relaxer for when my back goes out.

Good stuff...all natural...God made.

And yeah...valeria (the basis for valium no less) is pretty versatile.

Good luck!

Eric

Sunday, April 02, 2006 3:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home