Sunday, March 19, 2006

It's Still St. Patty's Day @ Ground Zero...Kind Of

Can someone please hand me my sweatpants? I'm just kidding. I don't really wear those any more.

My wife's birthday actually is on St. Patty's day each year, March 17th, but she is really into the celebration thing so I always jokingly tell her that celebrating her birthday is kind of like celebrating Hanukkah; it lasts all week.

Last Saturday I gave her a gift early. Then Wednesday night she wanted to go out to eat, so I took her. Then Thursday night the neighbor was kind enough to bring over Little Caeser's pizza for us. Then Friday night she wanted to go out to eat again to a more "upscale" restaurant so I took her. My daughter gave her a birthday present then. Then on Saturday night I made her a green cake, and we ate green eggs and waffles. Then tonight [Sunday] I gave her the biggest one of them all. I had been scheming all week to throw her a kind of surprise birthday party with all of the family coming over to our place. I told her that it was just going to be my parents coming up to visit us to see the kids...but I didn't tell her that all the rest of the family was coming as well...her parents, siblings, my grandparents. So all together tonight we had around 20 people at our house tonight.

Let me just say that there was plenty of food and I consumed waaaay too much. I feel like a tick that is about to pop...and to make things worse I've been drinking coffee much of the afternoon and I feel like my body is about to come to a complete crash. Right now I can barely keep my eyes open. I imagine that very soon after everyone leaves that I will be in bed.

Even though I am not really a "social function bug" by nature, I am really glad that this went over well. I like doing things like this for my bride because I know that it means a lot to her. That is really what relationships are about; self-sacrifice for the other's loves/needs.

We had a great time, but I feel like a leprechaun who actually ate the gold once he found it.

Happy Birthday Baby! I love you and it was my pleasure.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cooper said...

nice hat, bro

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 2:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home