Friday, April 07, 2006

It's 2am

I took today off of work because I thought that my wife wanted to go help her sister get settled into her new house. Our daughter has been sick the past couple of days and I have had this nasty cold. I figured that I could stay home with the girl while my wife went and did some house warming. But I later came to find out that she had decided not to go. So here's what my day looked like-

I got up at about 8am and got things going with my daughter, kind of. We then sat around and cuddled until about 10:30am when my wife and son started napping. So the girl and I came upstairs to her bedroom and played frisbee for a little bit and then went to my bedroom to lay in bed and "rest" while watching PBS Kids. I think that the shows that were on were the Bernstein Bears and Thomas the Train Engine. What really happened is that she watched those shows while I went in and out of naps.

We then got up around noon when she was complaining of having a headache. I fixed us lunch while we watched some more kids oriented shows...and then finally around 2:30pm I put her down for her afternoon nap. She seemed like she was really ready for it.

I then decided to lay down in my room where my son was sleeping @ about 3pm. I figured that I would just nap for an hour until he woke up and then I'd get up and maybe watch a movie. I think I do remember hearing him cry a little bit at some point, but the next thing I knew I was awake and looking at the clock and it was already 7pm. So I got up, but I was thrown off since it was still light enough out to make it feel like it was only 5. I guess it was a pretty good nap. Well, it must have been a good one because I tried going to bed tonight @ 12:30 and had a really hard time. I think I finally fell asleep around 1 but then woke back up around 1:30. So now I am still up and wide awake. It really sucks though because I have my alarm set to go off @ 6 so I can get up and go to work.

I guess if things don't get sleepier by 3 then I might just get ready for work and go in to get there by 4 and then just work untill noon or 1. My wife might not like that idea, but by the time she reads this [and if I actually do it] then it will all be history.

Overall, my cold is only slightly better. Earlier by left ear finally did unplug. The moment that I felt it do so was heavenly. But I think that it is kind of plugged again though.

I hate being sick. Maybe God is punishing me for something. Who knows. I wish that I actually believed in something like that, but...sometimes I still wonder.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cooper said...

I had plugged ears and headed to visit the nurse. She looked with that flashlight-a-ma-jig and said there's nothing wrong. I went in the next day and the 'real' doctor was in. He looked in and immediately found that it was blocked by ear wax.

He had me bend my neck over a pan and he used a turkey baster and blasted water inside my ear canal. Wax was built-up against the ear drum and it hurt when it was cleared, but man, I could hear!

Some Asian culture has these wax removing shops. You go in and sit in a chair and there's a monitor in front of you. You watch as the guy goes in your ear with a mini-cam and you see him remove all the yummy gunk!

I'd visit the doc and have him check for blockage.

Friday, April 07, 2006 1:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home