Monday, May 15, 2006

It has been almost a month

I am finally just checking back in to jot down some updates and I see the date of my last entry here- IT'S BEEN ALMOST A MONTH! Man have I been busy.

Things at work have been harrier than your uncle's back, and things at home have been just as crazy.

At work, we have been morphing to a new set of roles and responsibilities. The only thing that they forgot in the change was how to get rid of all the old ones. Needless to say, I was putting in a lot of overtime trying to get my stuff together to get it off my plate. Things are going a little better now, not nearly as stressful, but there is still so much to do and so little time. I'm not really sure though that I can take this job too seriously. It pays the bills and stuff like that, but it isn't as fun as my side job.

Yes, if you remember back to the archives, you'll think back to when I mentioned trying to start my own little "side" business doing computer stuff in the area that I live. We ran an ad in the paper and I have built a website for it, and now I have been busy with new customers for about 2 whole weeks. That means that some nights I get home from work just long enough to say hello to the wife and kids and then head right back out the door again. I have to watch it though because I don't want it to consume all my time. I actually even told one guy that I couldn't do anything for him one night because I needed some family time. Thankfully he agreed.

After work tonight I have a job installing a new 26" LCD TV/Monitor for a guy who lives up north of us. He's a widower and computers has become his hobby. He sounds like a fun guy.

Things have been busy enough though, and so far my customers have been referring me to their friends as well so I imagine that things will pick up even more into the summer. I've even started to think about the possibilities of this becoming a full time gig. I'm not quite ready for that yet but if and when the time comes, I will welcome it with open arms.

Anywho, I should get back to work. I will be back online tonight though. The wife and kids will be up at the in-law's so when I get home I've got the house to myself. I always tell my wife that when she's gone I party like a bachelor-

That means I leave the toilet seat up.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

be ready for you side jobs to boom..

before I had to shut down my bus, due to workers comp. my computer work was getting ready to take off.. big time.
give people a fair deal on computer problems and they will never let you go.

I get you into "lan parties" yet...
do not knock them.. good pay setting them up.. use your computers for the party and charge double...(have computer, will travel.)

people were giving me tips.. well, they also said I was working dirt cheap.. so, great... I took tips..
steve

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 1:41:00 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

Chris,
I hope this takes off for you. It will be really cool to say " hey, I know that guy," when I see you on the cover of (insert name of computer magazine that Jason dosen't know).

Thursday, May 18, 2006 12:41:00 AM  
Blogger Spoon said...

Dude, that's awesome that you're getting so much side work. Way to stick up for family time, too. I hope you can find the balance.

Saturday, May 20, 2006 1:54:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Chris,

kick back for the weekend.. hope ya get 3 days off....

e-mail me if you have the time..

steve

Friday, May 26, 2006 6:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home